See you over at the new site!
Hello there, and welcome to my blog!
My name is Amanda Wilson, and I am an Industrial Designer with a passion for photography and food. Please, feel free to contact me with any questions, feedback or freelance consulting! Click here if you would like to view my profile or connect with me on LinkedIn.
View my story here.
- Accepted into Auburn University’s College of Architecture, Design & Construction in Fall 07; Accepted into Industrial Design Program in Summer 2008
- Cumulative GPA upon graduation in Spring 2011 – 3.45
EDUCATION + PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- Visual Merchandising Designer - Kirk Market - Nov 2013 to present
- Responsible for planning and executing in-store point-of-purchase displays, designing custom fixtures and store layouts, as well as designing occasional off-site events.
- Freelance Work - Enesco LLC - May 2013 to Aug 2013
- Designed packaging & exhibits; set up showroom at America’s Mart Market in downtown Atlanta, GA.
- Freelance Work - Chaney Instrument Co. (Acurite) - May 2012 to July 2012
- Developed concepts for wall clocks for US retail.
- Professional Photography - Gfeller/Rich Wedding Sept 2012 *
- Restoration Hardware Visual Manager - July 2011 to Sept 2012
- Combined Interior and Point-of-Purchase Design to manage sales floor layout and design based on Corporate Directive.
- Functional Decor Studio - Spring 2011 [ Ongoing ] *
- Self-led studio; designing products for the home.
- Demand-Manufacturing Studio - Fall 2010 / Spring 2011 *
- Open studio; Utilized Ponoko.com : an online making-machine.
- Advanced Product Design Studio - Fall 2010
- Client - Alexander City Fire Department; Redesigned fire and emergency-medical equipment.
- Design Intern at New Design Dimensions (NDD) - July 2010
- Conceptualized tea products marketed to both Eastern & Western cultures.
- Taiwan Study Abroad Program - Summer 2010 *
- Shu-Te University in Kaohsiung, Taiwan - Disaster Relief Studio; Ceramics, Metal-Working, Glass-Working and Chinese Painting; Various workshops
- Product Design Studio - Spring 2009*
- Open studio; Researched kitchen appliances and designed a portable toaster with food-container and tote.
- Exhibit & Packing Design Studio - Fall 09*
- Client - GulfQuest Maritime Museum in Mobile, AL, USA; Designed gift shop interior and displays.
- Three-Dimensional Industrial Design Principles Studio - Spring 09 *
- Two-Dimensional Industrial Design Principles Studio - Fall 08
- Adobe Suite CS6, Sketching (Including Digital), Photography (DSLR), Management, Marker & Computer Rendering, Rapid & Presentation Prototyping, CAD Modeling (Training in SolidEdge & Google Sketch-Up), Drafting, Microsoft Office
- Valedictorian Class (Oak Mountain High School) - Spring 2007
- Graduated with Cum Laude Honors from Auburn University - Spring 2011
- Auburn University Dean's List - Spring 2008, Fall 2009, Summer 2010, Fall 2010
- Best Overall Design - AU IDSA's Designing Green Event - March 2009 *
- Of six proposed design themes, clients chose my gift shop concept - Exhibit and Packaging Design Studio - Fall 2009
- One of six students chosen to publish Methods of Industrial Design Book - Fall 2009
- 1st Place - Creative Life and Service Design Workshop - Summer 2010
- 1st Place - Auburn Study Abroad Photography Competition - Summer 2010 *
- Photography featured in Fall 2009 & Fall 2010 Editions of The Auburn Circle, a campus creative-works magazine
- Industrial Designer’s Society of America Member, AU Chapter President 2010-2011
- Member from 2008-2012; AU Chapter Secretary 2009 – 2010
- Auburn University Marching Band Member - 07 and 08 Seasons
* - Showcased on this blog